#1 Thai Visa Express

Thai Visa Express

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationPattaya, Thailand

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

With the introduction of the new subclass 600 visitor visa earlier this year which replaced both the subclass 676 tourist visa and the subclass 679 sponsored family visitor visa, we are posting a brief description of each of the four streams under this visa:

The Tourist stream

This stream is for people travelling to Australia for a holiday, recreation or to visit family and friends. 
If a person applies for this visa in Australia, they must be in Australia when the visa application is decided. 
If they apply for the visa outside Australia, they must be outside Australia when the visa application is decided. 
Extra requirements must be satisfied by applicants in Australia when they apply.
The Department can request sponsorship by a relative for this stream and if it is required it must be provided and approved before a visa can be granted.

The Business Visitor stream 

This stream is for business people travelling to Australia for a short business visits including attending a conference, negotiations or meeting. 
Applicants must be outside Australia when they apply and when the visa application is decided. 

The Sponsored family stream

This stream is for people travelling to Australia to visit family members. 
The applicant must have a sponsor who may be required to provide a bond.
Applicants must be outside Australia when they apply and when the visa application is decided.

The Approved Destination Status stream

This stream is for people from the PRC who are travelling in an organised tour group. 
They must be outside Australia when they apply and when the visa application is decided. 

Applicants must also:

reside in a part of the PRC specified in a legislative instrument; and
use a tour agent specified in a legislative instrument.

#2 boby_oz

boby_oz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

I want to know what visitor visa should we apply for my parents to come to Australia as we have already applied for the Contributory Parent (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 173) for them

last year.

Thanks

#3 Thai Visa Express

Thai Visa Express

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationPattaya, Thailand

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:13 AM

I want to know what visitor visa should we apply for my parents to come to Australia as we have already applied for the Contributory Parent (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 173) for them

last year.

Thanks

Subclass 600 visitor visa

#4 justin27

justin27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:15 PM

I am frequent viewer of your forum. It's been a tremendous venture as the suggestions would really help lots of visa applicants. We lodged a partner visa for my spouse from VFS India in June 11th 2013. CO allocated, Medical done and the VISA is in final decision queue as well. Even if we had been told by the CO that processing time is 7 months earlier. Now, they say its gone up to 12 months .Hence, we have decided to go ahead with a tourist visa so that we can join and before the validity of the tourist visa expires, we hope our partner visa will get granted. 

1. Can you please tell us your suggestion on this? Would it be alright if we exit Australia to NZ or Indonesia when the partner visa is ready to be granted? 

2. For joining my spouse on tourist visa, what stream of Subclass 600 is to be applied? I heard that there are four streams. Can we go ahead with Visitor/Tourist outside Australia (subclass 600) - Tourist? 

Your sudden response is much appreciated 

#5 Australian Visa Advice

Australian Visa Advice

Staff

• Administrators
  • 700 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:55 AM

I am frequent viewer of your forum. It's been a tremendous venture as the suggestions would really help lots of visa applicants. We lodged a partner visa for my spouse from VFS India in June 11th 2013. CO allocated, Medical done and the VISA is in final decision queue as well. Even if we had been told by the CO that processing time is 7 months earlier. Now, they say its gone up to 12 months .Hence, we have decided to go ahead with a tourist visa so that we can join and before the validity of the tourist visa expires, we hope our partner visa will get granted. 

1. Can you please tell us your suggestion on this? Would it be alright if we exit Australia to NZ or Indonesia when the partner visa is ready to be granted? 

2. For joining my spouse on tourist visa, what stream of Subclass 600 is to be applied? I heard that there are four streams. Can we go ahead with Visitor/Tourist outside Australia (subclass 600) - Tourist? 

Your sudden response is much appreciated 

You can apply for the tourist stream (subclass 600) on the Form 1419 Application for a visitor visa. Note: Even though the partner visa has been submitted and this will be a tourist visa to visit Australia during the processing of that partner visa application, all of the criteria for the grant of the tourist visa must be satisfied.

A few things you should be aware of:

1. As you would be aware the partner visa (subclass 309) cannot be granted whilst the applicant is in Australia. They must be offshore (outside of Australia) for the visa to be granted.

2. Once the application is ready for final decision it will be referred to the final decision maker. If you are in Australia at the time it will not be referred to the final decision maker until you are outside Australia. 

3. After the application has been referred to the final decision maker the decision can take some time. Sometimes several weeks to a couple of months.

Whilst you can be in NZ or Indonesia at the time of grant, don't expect it to be a matter of fly in and fly out, due to the time it will take to be granted after it is referred to the final decision maker. A few months ago a person posted a thread here where they informed us they were effectively stuck in New Zealand waiting for their partner visa to be granted.

Signature.gif

#6 goli

goli

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:51 PM

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum.

I am permanent resident in Australia and I want to invite my parents.I know that I should apply through subclass 600 tourist visa, I just have a few questions.

Can I lodge their application in Australia or should they do it themselves overseas?

#7 Australian Visa Advice

Australian Visa Advice

Staff

• Administrators
  • 700 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum.

I am permanent resident in Australia and I want to invite my parents.I know that I should apply through subclass 600 tourist visa, I just have a few questions.

Can I lodge their application in Australia or should they do it themselves overseas?

If it is the subclass 600 tourist stream they will need to lodge it overseas. 

Signature.gif

#8 sandyboymate

sandyboymate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:26 PM

I am returning to Aust soon to prepare for my son, an Australian citizen by descent and my de facto to join me on a visitor visa. Once they are in Oz, I hope to apply for residency for my de facto. Can you please tell me what I should expect to achieve this and also do I apply for her visa in Australia or do I need to be outside to apply and accompany them into Oz, thanx Sandyboymate

#9 Australian Visa Advice

Australian Visa Advice

Staff

• Administrators
  • 700 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:25 PM

I am returning to Aust soon to prepare for my son, an Australian citizen by descent and my de facto to join me on a visitor visa. Once they are in Oz, I hope to apply for residency for my de facto. Can you please tell me what I should expect to achieve this and also do I apply for her visa in Australia or do I need to be outside to apply and accompany them into Oz, thanx Sandyboymate

You partner can apply for the partner visa in Australia or outside of Australia. You should ensure that you both meet all of the eligibility criteria before applying.

Applying outside of Australia

If applying outside of Australia, your partner must also be outside of Australia when a decision is made on her application. 

Applying in Australia

In order to apply in Australia, you partner must be physically in Australia on a valid visa that does NOT have the condition 8503 attached to it.

Can I ask what passport she holds?

Signature.gif

#10 monty81

monty81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:20 PM

Hi everyone

I have been in Australia for 3 months on a tourist visa. My visa is up next week. Is there a visa I could apply for without having to leave Australia, which would allow me to stay longer as I have family and a girl friend here.

Your urgent response in thus matter would be much appreciated

Thanks

#11 Australian Visa Advice

Australian Visa Advice

Staff

• Administrators
  • 700 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

Hi everyone

I have been in Australia for 3 months on a tourist visa. My visa is up next week. Is there a visa I could apply for without having to leave Australia, which would allow me to stay longer as I have family and a girl friend here.

Your urgent response in thus matter would be much appreciated

Thanks

Monty,

Firstly does the visa you are on have the condition 8503 no further stay attached to it? If so you will not be able to apply for any further visa in Australia.

If it does not have the no further stay attached, you could apply for any visa that you meet the eligibility criteria for. Give that your visa expires next week, and the limited information on hand, I am guessing only a further tourist visa at this stage, but this all depends on whether your current visa has the condition 8503 attached or not.

Signature.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users